Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas Cookies

This one doesn't need any grooming.
Merry Christmas from your bunny friend.

Can you find the bunny?


Buried under a pile of cookies.



This was supposed to be another bunny cookie photo but somehow this one wanted to be copied again. Probably just wanted to say Merry Christmas again.


My grandmother was an excellent cook and when we were small she always enlisted most of the grandchildren to help her with the Christmas cookies. I know why she had us help because they take so long to cut out. She gave me the recipe and I was the one to carry on the tradition. The only problem was she had a pinch of this and a pinch of that kind of cooking style so every Christmas I try to refine the measurements and time of baking. This works out better some years and worse on others. I work in retail and the holiday season leaves little time to do anything much less bake mounds of cookies.

The year I didn't bake any (I made the dough and it sat in the fridge for 3 weeks, yuck!), I was met with such sad faces and looks of disappointment, I never tried that again. Anyway, this is about as close to bunnies as I have gotten in about a week so I took a photo.

Notice my many disfigured cookies. They go on the cookie sheet no matter how they get cut out or travel to the baking sheet, loosing limbs, tree tops and tails. I even put the "in between" pieces on the baking sheet if it resembles something that might be recognizable as a cookie shape. Everyone has fun trying to figure out what that shape might be. I have some truly odd cookie cutters that I have collected and inherited and everyone looks for their favorite, may it be Unicorn, Peacock, or Bi-plane.

Well, I hope everyone that reads my blog has a truly happy, healthy holiday season, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. If you eat a cookie, think about me.