Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BIS at the Lebanon Show

Whitney's beautiful Belgian Hare.
Shepherds Sweet Pea sitting on the lucky rug.

Judge Travis Finkle with me and Sweet Pea.


Shepherds Sweet Pea listening to the judges comments.
Yea! I got a new camera for my birthday and am able to post photos again! Just in time for some exciting news and photos.
I almost didn't go to the Lebanon show after I realized that it was nearly 3 hours away. Thinking that it was a closer show, I didn't look at the directions until the night before. It was a single show but with an additional Jersey Woolie specialty show. Blue Skies needed one more leg to grand and she was looking really nice so I made the trip. Sure am glad I did. Sweet Pea won Best of Breed and then went on to win Best in Show along with Whitney's beautiful grand champion Belgian Hare as Reserve in Show. How exciting to win along with such a nice friend! She almost didn't stay for the Best in Show judging but needed to register her rabbit. I think she must have forgotten all about the registration after her win. This is her first grand champion and now her first Reserve in Show. No matter how many times you might win best or reserve, it never looses it's thrill. But the first time will stay in your memory forever.
Thanks to Judge Travis Finkle for picking Sweet Pea. Karen, show sectrary from the Delmarva show, brought my lucky rug back to me. I must have left it on the table after all the excitement. I sure that is what helped us win. Rabbit people are the best. Oh, and Blue Skies did get her last leg after all.



2 comments:

Michigan Angora Club said...

I know i'm late finding out about it but Way to Go! :-)

Whitney said...

Dru thank you for mentioning me in your post! :) It was SO exciting and you're totally right I forgot to get her registered.. LOL

Congrats on Sweet Pea's BIS, it was such a wonderful day and will be in my memories always. I can't wait to see you again, all the best!!