Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Woolies Grow Up

Shepherds White Diamonds
Shepherds Hydrangea

Shepherds White Hot.
It is hard to believe how time flies by. Remember those REW bunnies in the mug before Christmas. They are all grown up and ready to show now. I named the after their father White Excitement and their mother Blue Diamonds. They are the sweetest little bunnies and love being groomed. Very much like their father and mother who have a wonderful temperament. Can't wait to show them.
It is surprising how fast you can fill up a pedigree with your own breedings. I already have some Shepherd great, great grandmothers on some of the pedigrees in only 4 years of raising woolies. Shepherds Hydrangea has almost a full Shepherds pedigree on her mothers side but I thought it was important to keep improving the type. So I added PP's Tom Thumb aka: "The King of All" to her mother and to every one of my blue does. As you can see by Hydrangea, he sure made a vast improvement to my blue and broken blue lines. She needs only one more leg for her grand championship after winning two BOB's at the Richmond show. Here's hoping.
PS: I finally have had some angora babies born this week, hurray!


No comments: