Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tulip Babies

Tort Junior Buck
Tort Junior Doe

REW Junior Buck
Repeating a successful breeding and you can never tell if it will turn out the same. Breeding Tulip and Boy-Toy last time resulted in GC Shepherds Sweet Pea (double BIS and 1 Reserve in Show), GC Shepherds Tinker Toy (BOSV Nationals), GC Shepherds Posey(3 BOV legs and 1 BOSV leg) and GC Shepherds Bramble(3 BOV legs). A pretty successful breeding considering that you often only get 1 or 2 really great babies from a litter.
This time she only produced 3 and although I haven't named them yet, I think they look cute so far. I have never had a REW from this breeding so I am interested to see how he turns out. He is a chubby guy who likes his food so I hope he doesn't get too big. The torts seem just the right size for their age but are very shy. It was hard to get a photo of them while chasing them across the counter. Next time, Sweet Pea's litter.


1 comment:

Donna M said...

Dru -- They are adorable. Watching Tulip's last litter develop makes me think you'll have huge success with these babies too! The little tort boy looks just like Tinker Toy when I got him from you at the '09 PaSRBA Convention. Thank you for him -- he's my buddy and has quite the show record! You produce some awesome rabbits. -- Donna