Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bunny Beauty Parlor

Shepherds Hailstone, broken blue junior buck.
Shepherds Fern, broken black junior doe.

Shepherds Hydrangea, blue junior doe.


Shepherds Flores, black junior doe.



Shepherds Thumbelina, broken blue junior doe.
Woolie grooming day at the Bunny Beauty Parlor. They are so different from grooming an English Angora. Being so small with very easy care wool, I can groom 21 of them in 2 hours. They are not so cooperative though and spend alot of time climbing up the bamboo curtain, sitting on my shoulder for kisses or spinning around standing on their hind legs like a monkey. They will sometimes try to leap off the grooming table for no reason or try to put themselves into my apron pocket. I try to keep a hand and my eye on them at all times. Jersey woolies are much faster and more inquisitive that the angoras.
Many of my blue and broken blues come from GC PP's Tom Thumb, the "King of All" and they look so much like him. Many have his startlingly blue eyes. I used a variety of blue does with him to see who would turn out best and so far all of his litters have been very nice. The funny thing is that all of this babies have been does except one. That is Hailstone, above. He looks just like his dad. They are still a work in progress for me but I think they are starting to show some promise. There may be some of my juniors showing up on the show table this season. I hear one of my junior buck that went to a lovely new home in Maryland won BOS at the fair for his new owner. Congratulations!




1 comment:

andrea said...

just gettng to know one little jersey wooly and I have to agree - he's a dynamo! into, onto and over everything !