Monday, August 24, 2009

Show Season Starts

Alex Stepnoski won Best 6 Class Youth with her Giant Angora.
BOB English Angora Shepherds Sweetpea.

BOB Jersey Woolie CR White Excitement.


Mid-Jersey Showroom during judging.
Show season started off for me with shock and awe. This show was one of the few time showing Jersey Woolies and I was looking at it as a learning experience. Much to my surprise, the white senior buck and the white senior doe were put in coops behind the table. When some of the breeders said "Dru, you won BOB!" I thought they were joking. He is a handsome buck from CR rabbitry but I still am in shock. Not expecting to do well but hoping for some judging knowledge to help improve my Jersey woolies, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I had high hopes for Shepherds Sweetpea as I thought she looked really nice (don't judge by my bad photo just when the wind started to blow). She went on to win BOB. It was a learning experience trying to chase around two breeds up for BIS at the same time.
The Mid-Jersey group always put on a great show, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of a large local fair, with people from all over attending. Many people had questions about the Angora rabbits and it gives all the rabbit breeders a chance to promote their favorite breeds.
Alex Stepnoski went ahead and represented the Angoras by winning Best 6 Class Youth with a beautiful Giant Angora. She does such a great job with her bunnies, she really deserved to win. Alex is major competition to the Open breeders and gives us all a run for the money. We all better watch out as she is 18 this year and soon will be no longer able to show in youth. We will all be trouble then. Congrats Alex.


No comments: