Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sweet Pea Poses

Sweet Pea in her show coat.
Sweet face close up.

Angora on velvet.
Haven't blogged for awhile because my computer was sick again but this time I lost everything on the computer. These beautiful photos were taken by Donna McGraw at the end of Sweet Pea's show career. She looks lovely posing on velvet. The longer she was shown, the better her attitude became. I remember that in the beginning of the fall, she was growling at some of the judges. Looking startled, they would usually place her last. Sweet Pea would never bite but just give out a warning that she was done being touched by strangers. She never growled at me by let me know when she had enough grooming by nudging me with her head.
The growling simmered down over time and she reluctantly decided to cooperate with showing, ending her career with 2 open Best in Shows and one Reserve in show with 7 BOB, 3BOS and 10 GC legs. Quite a show career for a slow stater that didn't have 1 GC leg as a junior. Her sister GC Posey, brother GC Bramble and other brother GC Tinker Toy always seemed to beat her. But she showed them by holding onto her coat for over a year and ending up with 12" of wool at the longest point.She has had the big hair cut which I will post photos of when I find the cord to my camera. She was surrounded in a sea of wool after her haircut and is very happy now running around her cage playing with toys. She will be bred soon but I have already re-done this breeding and hope to have good luck with babies again.


1 comment:

Donna M said...

BRAVO!!! Sweet Pea is truly awesome! While Sweet Pea deserves applause for her excellent representation of the breed, these angoras are only as good as their breeding and the care they receive. Dru, you deserve your credit for taking her to the top in her show career. And I thank you a million times for Tinker Toy - I've had so much fun him. I can't wait to see his babies. Cross your fingers for Raisin! Now if I can only get Linden to cooperate.