Thursday, February 25, 2010

Goats in the Bathroom

Pepper and Jenny playing.
Pepper wants her bottle.

Another goat battle.
As I am trying to do some work on the computer, I hear the clatter of little hooves in my downstairs bathroom. I know everyone in thinks I am crazy to have goats in the house. Thank goodness we have not finished the renovations and all the floor will be replaced. The goat babies have woken up from their nap and are rough-housing around the area of the bathroom that they are blocked off in. This is my que to get Pepper's bottle ready. She sure lets me know when she is hungry. Jenny goes out to her Mom for feeding but sometimes she will take a bottle as well. They are growing up so fast that they have almost out grown their coats. We left them inside as, yes, we are having another snow storm, a big one. Pepper's mom wants nothing to do with her so if we put her outside she would have no one to protect her. They are really good company for each other and play and play. Pepper is full of beans and when let loose with the big goats will dance on everyones backs. I am surprised the big males put up with this but they are all pretty gentle with the little brat. Baby goat kids are really silly and boink all over the place with the joy of life. It helps me to think that spring should be here any time now.


No comments: