Friday, October 22, 2010

Like a Box of Chocolates

Box of Chocolates
Which one to pick?

The cream filled one on the left?


Happy Halloween!
Like Forrest Gump says"Life is like a box of chocolates" and that is just what I wanted. My friend Vinnie is very good with genetics. I am not. I have a good eye for colors but am not good with genetics. Everyone has been asking for chocolate colored English Angoras and I have not been able to make them. Vinnie said "Breed black to chocolate tort and you will get chocolates." How could this be? It didn't make sense to me but I went ahead and tried it and look at what I got. A box of chocolates! I don't know how it worked but it did. Very exciting to get some new colors. Now on to the lilac pearls. Liam is very excited that Halloween. We went to Target on errands and turned the corner to see a huge display of Jack O' lanterns. He gasped and waved his arms around excitedly. I got the hint and it was the best dollar I ever spent. We put things in it and took things out of it the whole rest of the day. Fun, fun, fun and it's not even Halloween yet!



2 comments:

Donna M said...

Aren't you lucky! They are beautiful! Congratulations

wildwoods said...

they do look very yummy-- wonder how they are looking NOW?? did you pick one to keep??