Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cool Thoughts

Snow storm last December

Looks refreshing!



Shoveling was no fun.

Just trying to bring some cool thoughts to the bunny bloggers. It is only June 9th and it was 100* in New Jersey today. It's crazy, just saying. But it could be December and the cold and snow could be back. What's worse? I can't decide. Bugs are out in force with the flys being the worst I have ever seen and now we have an ant invasion. We all are being punished for some really bad things we must have done.

Went to the North haven, Ct. show this past Sunday and had a delightful day of showing. I haven't been to this show in years due to my not always being able to get my entries postmarked by a certain day. Who wants to be charged a day of show entry fee for 15 rabbits? Anyway, they have come into the modern world and now accept e-mail entries so all is well with the world. It is not a bad drive even at 3 hours and we found an even more scenic ride home through the backwoods of Ct.

My breeds were mid-way through the group so it was really relaxing to groom and chat. I even got to have breakfast sandwich, which never happens. We had some different judges including the ARBA president, Mike Avesing ( spelling?) for the second show. I am always so happy to hear a different judge's opinion on the stock that I may like or dislike. It is always a learning experience for me even after 22 years of showing. There is so much knowledge in the comments from each judge that it can help you improve your herd if you just listen. Very thrilled to have a mention of second Reserve from the ARBA president for Shepherd's Sunflower. He said it doesn't come with anything but a hand shake but it meant the world to me. It is very nice when after all your hard work and time spent on the bunnies, someone notices.

The range of breeds and the quality of the breeds at this show was amazing. Where do you ever see about 20 Belgian Hares? It was a smaller show but there must have been every breed there and they all looked great. I don't know how they could choose a best at the end. Oh and the woolies did well with some very nice comments. One of the REW does I had planned on selling won a BOB in the first show so I guess she is now a keeper. Entered her at the last minute, thought I might be selling her if someone was looking for a doe. She looked pretty nice. Who knew that little white bunny sitting in her cage would do so well? Stay cool everyone, think cool thoughts, look at my snow pictures and maybe that will help.




No comments: