Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Pepper with her twins.

Sugar with her cocoa colored baby.



Jersey Wooly GC Blue Diamonds with her english angora adopted daughter.





Our friend Julie doing Sheep to Shawl at Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.


What a fun weekend, a rabbit show on Saturday and the sheep and wool festival on Sunday. Then I got news that two of my angora goats had babies on Mother's Day. What a fun surprise! Sugar had a cocoa colored baby and Pepper had twins. It is so much easier to have baby goats in the spring instead of the coldest day in February. They have a much easier time and have such a fun time frolicing about. The rabbit show was fun and we had some different judges. It was interesting to hear the comments and learn something new. Donna won a Reserve in Show with her beautiful REW doe in show B. The festival was fun and I ate too much food. We got to talk to all of our friends that we don't get to see very often, walk around in the sunshine, buy beautiful yarn, goats milk soap and even more beautiful jewlery. Some of the girls took classes and some of us just looked at all the fun projects we could try if we all had more time. Wish I had more time and energy to see everything that was there but it is just too big. Now I see why you need 2 days to spend there. I bought my Mom some black 100% Alpaca yarn and some handmade knitting needles. She was very excited to see what she could make from them. My daughter, her husband and my grandson Liam gave me a beautiful pink alligator patterned Ipad case to keep it protected. I just love it and was thinking about getting one for myself. My son, the poor college student, gave me a nice phone call to wish me Happy Mother's Day. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did.







No comments: