Monday, April 16, 2012

Reserve in Show

GC Shepherd's Bellhop with his BOB Prize. 
 Judge Howard Keller with Bellhop.
Bellhop with his Reserve in Show Prize cage.

Seems like Bellhops showing off sure had a payoff at the Rhinebeck show with his Reserve in Show win and double Best of Breeds. His coat looked really nice and for a white buck, he stays pretty clean. The weather was perfect for a rabbit show, cool, partly cloudy, breezy and no humidity. We had a neat new building, big and open at each end for the nice breezes to blow through so rabbits and exhibitors stayed nice and comfortable. This was a last minute decision to go to Rhinebeck, NY. I love this show but finances are tight so it wasn't really planned for. I think I won some over places in the self classes, pretty sure junior buck in both shows but was so busy watching Bellhop that I lost track of the junior classes.

They had really neat prizes of a clock with you winning BOB rabbit on the face. They made them while you are there so you could take them home with you. Since they had some left over you could buy one for any rabbit or for a BOB win with less then 10 rabbits in the breed. They are really cute! The prize for RIS was a perfect 3 section wooly carrier. Bellhop just loves it.

Judge Howard Keller was the judge for BIS A and I was thrilled that he picked my wooly and gave an honorable mention to EA Poppy. He said he would have picked her but she needs a bit more density. I said it was alright because the Jersey wooly was mine also and either choice would do fine for me. He had a big laugh over that one.

My angoras did better then I thought they would with Poppy winning double BOB and Laurel, colored jr buck, won double BOS, Lady Slipper won double junior doe and junior rew buck (no name yet) won double BOV. I guess they didn't look so bad after all. I will post some photos next blog.

No comments: