Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Catching up is hard to do.

The beautiful Lillanna awaits.
Natasha waiting kind of patiently

Lilliana as cousin "It"


Just look at those ear furnishings, hope her big sister has babies as nice as her.



I am still trying to catch up from Convention and a bad cold. I had bred five does to have litters when I got back and 4 of them had litters almost right away. Welcome home to 20 baby bunnies and lots of cleaning plus going right back to work. My sable pearl, Tulip had 8 and is just a wonderful mother. She had all her babies perfectly in the nest box, pink, clean and fed by the time I got out to check on her. Plus, she is just a milk machine. With a first litter, I never expected for her to feed and raise all 8 but she had no trouble. Sensation, REW doe from the Reflections line, had her 5 babies also perfectly in the nest and is taking great care of them. Bluebell and Aster are not being as successful but time will tell. I will try to take photos tomorrow.
There have also been a few shows to go too including my favorite show in the world, Carroll County, Maryland. Was able to get the last leg on Adonis and grand him out. Lost BOB to my favorite agouti doe, the beautiful Lilliana owned by the Mc Graw family.I was so sorry to hear about Sherri Wade and her surgery for a brain tumor. She just lost her husband about a year ago and they are just the nicest people and have done so much good in the rabbit world. We should all say a prayer for her that she gets well soon. Also, got the chance to register "The King of All", my broken blue jersey wooly buck (that lives on my office desk and has more girl friends then he can count) even though I missed his class and didn't get to show him. I have a hard time multi-tasking with rabbit breeds. Have to post some photos of him, too. Had crab cakes on the way home and all was right with the world.

I got up to Waltham, Mass for the double show there and was able to grand Jitterbug, Jive and Mirror Image. It was a really well run show considering that it was mostly run by 4-h kids. I did not stay for BIS due to the 5 1/2 drive home and I had to work the next day. Just really happy to grand out the big girls so I can get them bred for spring babies. Yea! Plus, I came home with more woolies, 2 black broken bucks, a broken black doe and a REW buck. I really have to start showing them. Maybe on day two of the Pa. Convention, day one English Angoras and day two Jersey Woolies. That could be fun.

No comments: