Thursday, November 20, 2008

Convention Vacation.not!

What happens with all that leftover wool.
My friend Whitneys first Convention.

Judge Cindy with her work cut out for her.


No wonder we were all tired from walking.



Where all the wool hangs out.
Well, I'm still tired after Convention. This is my first real day off since I got back and have a real minute to sit down and reflect. I thought vacation were supposed to be relaxing. With all the walking back and forth down the long rows and to the grooming room, I lost 5 pounds and I need another vacation just to catch up. But boy did we have fun! Convention is all about the rabbits, but I most enjoy the friendship, jokes and laughs we all have together. We have a great bunch of people in the angora world and I am also finding a great bunch in the Jersey Wooly world and the Belgin Hare world. Generally, the rabbit people are just a really nice group to spend time with. We are competitive, yes, but are always there to support each other and pat each other on the back when we win and cheer us up when we don't do so well. And the jokes are no stop as you can see by the Halloween decorations (top photo)that met me in the grooming room. Thanks, Linda! Everyone knows I don't like spiders. Anyway, it was a blast and I am actively saving for San Diego, with or without rabbits.




No comments: