Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cold January Days

Light dusting of snow.
Doesn't it look cold?

Time to take down the decorations.


Out the car window.
Winter is truly a time to hibernate in my opinion. All I want to do is go to bed but sadly, I have to go to work. At least it is warm there. It has been a very cold winter in New Jersey this year and I guess we were due for one. I live in an old house first built in 1889 and it is never really warm except for one downstairs bathroom that somehow ended up with 2 radiators. I have 2 very old cats that live in there, one at each radiator. I sometimes go in there just to warm up. The bunnies love the cold weather and run around the cages throwing toys around. I do keep 2 oil filled heaters in the barn to keep the bottles from freezing but it had a hard time keeping up at 9 degrees. That means giving a warm bottle or a bowl of water a couple of times a day. It is bad when we think of 30 degrees as a heat wave. I can dream of a fully heated and air conditioned barn. There is one that I have even picked out that I will post photos of later. I just need to come up with $7,000.



No comments: