Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Dream Rabbitry

Back entrance wide enough to drive through.
Nice high ceilings.

Very cute with the grooming porch.


Isn't it perfect?
Last year when I went to the York rabbit show on the wrong day and stayed over rather then drive all the way home again, I went exploring. There was a flea market down the road and they had an Amish made shed company at the entrance. I had nothing else to do so I toured all the sheds. Next thing I knew, it was love at first sight when I saw the perfect Rabbit Shepherd rabbit shed. It had a front porch perfect for outside grooming or a rocking chair on hot summer evenings. There were double doors at the back for drive up loading even in bad weather. It was wide enough for 4 rows of cages, two down each wall and a double row down the middle. There were windows for cross ventilation and high ceiling to keep it cool. Pass through the front door and there was a nice recessed area for food storage, carry cages and supplies. I could even build a small hay loft over this area to store bales off the ground. The only problem was they were asking $7,000 plus delivery. It was a little out of my price range. Maybe with the economy being what it is, this year maybe they might be having a sale. I can only dream.



No comments: