Monday, February 9, 2009

Pa. Convention

The Bunny mobile.
New breeding of mini angoras.

Tulips babies go to the show.


Tulip daughter is a clone of her.



Tulip as a young senior.
A fun time was had by all at the Pennsylvania State Convention. It was great fun to see everyone after a long winter break. We always have some kind of joke going and I was particularly silly this time with the "Bunny Mobile". Notice the ears and pink nose with whiskers? I really did need to add a big fluffy tail though. Next time.
With the mixed up weather this year, my coats on the bunnies were disappointing but I did take Natasha and she actually behaved herself. She had good comments and the judges really seemed to like her. I also got to show some of the babies from Tulip, photo above and was very pleased with the placings. The pearl line is something that I have had for many years although it used to be Lilac instead of sable. They are very striking and always cause discussion.
My Jersey Woolies did very well and I was excited about the placing considering the heavy competition that was at the show. Of course the "King of All" took his turn up at the table but he was a little rough over the back due to my fear of over feeding him. he only weights 2.9 lbs. He still came in 5th over I think 17 broken senior bucks. He just loves going to a show and everyone commented on his beautiful blue grey eyes.
As you can see by the photo of the small cage, I've started to breed mini angoras but they are still a little genetically unstable. No ears yet and some were born with only one eye. I will have to keep working on them for next time. Linda sure had a good laugh over them. ;-)




No comments: