Sunday, February 15, 2009

Twins Arrive

Dressed up in their little sweatshirts.
What a difference a few days make.

Twin girls born this morning.


One is black with gray and one pure white.



Very tiny and loud.


The cashmere goat was still as large as a house this morning when my husband went out to feed. He woke me up with "I need help with a birth!" So I threw on some sweats and ran outside only to see the other angora goat giving birth on the compost pile to a pure white tiny little girl and then out comes a black baby girl. Where the grey black baby came from, I have no idea. We usually only have reddish or white babies. They are very tiny and cute but cold. I went in the house and cut up an old sweatshirt. If you take the sleeves and cut the wrist band off, cut two leg holes and cut it rounded at the back, it makes a nice little goat coat. I have used this on bunnies when I have to cut them down in the winter and it works very well to keep any small animal warm. This helped to warm up the baby goats as it keeps the heat close to their body.
Meanwhile the goat baby buck that was born Thursday is so full of beans, we named him Brat. He has taken over the whole yard and is standing on every goats back especially his mothers who thinks the world of him. He has gotten bigger in just 3 days and seems heads larger then the twin girls born today. He boinks all over the yard and spends the rest of his day eating and sleeping. Needless to say, we didn't get much accomplished today as we spent most of the day making sure the twins were eating and were warm enough. They are fun to watch and to hold.




1 comment:

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

Ahhhhh.....now that'a the way to start my day...seeing little goat baby pictures! I have to keep telling myself...my turn will come. I planned for late kids this year because of all the snow.