Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow and Snow Babies

Fluffy snow in the yard.
Hiding all the raking and weeding I need to do.

Andi's babies with Sullivan. Little Snow balls.


So soft and pretty.
Well, the on again, off again snow fall that we maybe, possibly, were going to get hit last night and when we woke up this morning, there was a winter wonderland. It was so beautiful and fluffy, covering everything in sight. It made the yard so beautiful that I forgot about all the yard work that awaits me underneath. Already starting to melt and fall off the trees as the sun came up later this morning. It is supposed to be 50 degrees by the weekend which will be great for the Pennsylvania Convention show. Usually it about 0 with a wind chill factor of 20 below. One year they didn't turn the heat on in the angora room until Saturday morning. I was wearing my coat in the show room for 2 days and having to go into the cavy room to warm up. Judge Peg Hailey kept looking at me funny until I told her I had frost-bite and needed to raise my body temperature back to normal.
Andi's babies are doing well and look like small bricks in a fur coat. Talk about solid body types. Sullivan has such a small round body and Andi is solid and very round plus both have great wool. They were out of the nestbox as soon as their eyes were open and chasing mom around the cage for some milk. Andi doesn't mind this at all and is happy to have all of them sitting happily on her back while she has a snooze. She is such a sweet heart.



No comments: