Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

What Maisy thinks of her Easter Outfit.
Looking for treats, Granma.

Don't you like my ears and scarf?


Prize for the messiest cook in the whole wide world.
We are cooking Easter Dinner at my mothers tomorrow as my stove is broken but I am trying to make some things ahead to take with me. There is a really yummy recipe for spring onion dip with shallots, green onion, parsley, dill, mayo and sour cream. I am going to serve it in a scooped out cabbage with baby carrots, radishes, and spring onions to dip. Could I possibly have more ingredients on the counter? There is no doubt that I am the messiest cook in the entire world but the dip sure turned out good. I think all is forgiven when the food tastes good.
I made white chocolate Grand Marnier truffles for desert. Also, a lemon mousse served in a white chocolate egg. You make the shells by dipping a small, blown up balloon into melted white chocolate. You have to spray non-stick spray on them first before you dip them. There was non-stick spray all over my kitchen floor and everyone was sliding around including the dogs. I will try to get a photo when they are finished tomorrow morning. Hope they turn out. The truffles taste good but look a little lumpy. Candy making is pretty difficult.
My Gran-puppy is visiting while my daughter and son-in-law are in Japan. Being her grandma, I had to get her an Easter outfit. I don't think she liked it very much except when it was in her mouth and she was shaking the dickens out of it. Oh, well there goes my try at turning her into a bunny. Hoppy Easter everyone!



No comments: