Monday, April 6, 2009

Long Island Show

Shepherds Bramble, Best Opposite Sex in show "B"
Shepherds Natasha, Best Opposite Sex Show "A"

Tulumores Mr. Ashley, Best of Breed Show "A"
How can I go to a show in a beautiful post and beam barn in a historic village and never take a picture? I think it is because it is always cold and I spend alot of my time trying to stay warm. Not only did I not take pictures of the location, I did not take any pictures of the BOB or BOS rabbits. On top of that, one of the fellows from the show committee, you know who you are, told me that Best 4 Class was at one table which I was watching very carefully so that I would take up Mr. Ashley. Meanwhile, Best 4 class was happening right behind me on another table. Ugh! Sometimes, I think that I am losing my mind. Of course, he didn't win BOB in the second show.
We were talking about how this is the show that I have gone to so many times, I no longer need to look at the directions. Also, how the show used to be held at a German Resturant in the Beer Garden under a canopy. You could go into the resturant and get some German specialties for lunch. I have never walked around and looked at the historic village. The Historical Group moved many old building and homes to the Old Bethpage Village and in warmer weather they have a variety of tours and demos. This time I did peek out the back door to the main building and watched an old fashioned baseball game, with original uniforms, happening out back.
They used to have an adorable gift shop that always had the cutest bunny things but they have been closed for two years now. Everyone misses them. Long Island is always a fun show and I get to see some of the people that have bought bunnies from me over they years and sometimes they even bring the bunnies in to visit me.
I was very happy with the show results even though I missed the Best 4 Class. Results as follows:
Show "A"
BOB- Tulamores Mr. Ashley, colored senior buck
BOS- Shepherds Natasha, white senior doe
BOSV- Shepherds white jr buck
Show "B"
BOS- Shepherds Bramble, colored senior buck
BOV- Shepherds Patience, white junior doe
BOSV-Shepherds white junior buck
My Daughter and Son-in-law left for Japan today with a straight through 14 hour flight. When I looked on the website, they were flying over Alaska. I will include some photos if I am able to figure out how to post them. I am excited for them but they seemed a little nervous. This is a trip of a lifetime so I am sure they will have a wonderful time.


No comments: