Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Cleaning Part 2

Enjoying the breeze.
Do I smell daffodils?

That sunshine sure feels good.
There is nothing that feels better after a long cold winter then spring sunshine and daffodils. The only thing I enjoy almost as much is pulling cage stacks out of the barn and blasting them with the power washer. My husband bought me a used power washer for my Easter present last year. Although not a romantic gift, it sure was a gift close to my heart. When he started it up for me and I let the power loose on some practice cages he said "You can shoot poop into the next county with that thing!" I was thrilled. It makes cleaning cages so much fasted blasting hair and crud right off the wire. I have never been able to scrub cages that clean by hand no matter how long I scrubbed for. Anyway, either my son or husband broke the wand this fall and no one will admit to it, so I am back to hand scrubbing for now. Looking to find a replacment wand on the internet.
I did find a great hose nozzle, in Target, that has adjustments and a flow regulator that works pretty good. It has a dial around the front where you can choose a variety of spray types and blast away. There are some people that choose to burn off the wool from cages but living in an old wooden house and having an old wooden barn, I never wanted to take the chance of burning down either.
Another option for cleaning is when I put out the cages to be cleaned and then nature take it's course, with a ton of rain, like we are having today. Not my first choice but it is water after all.


No comments: