Thursday, July 9, 2009

Jersey Blueberries

New blue Woolie doe.
Real Jersey Blueberries.

English Angora Litter with 2 Woolie babies.


New white Woolie junior doe looking like a cupcake.



Another cute blue Woolie doe looking like a blueberry muffin.
Since it is July and high blueberry season in New Jersey, it was only natural that I add some new blue and white Jersey Woolies to my herd. In the back of my mind, I am always working to improve my herd. Loving blue and knowing the challenges of raising them (poor nail color, white nails, stray white hairs), there is always room for improvement.
This is on top of the blue and broken blue Woolies that I am already raising. Or I should say that my English Angora doe GC Sensation is raising for me. She only had 2 REW babies so I fostered a blue baby from GC Pearly Mae's litter (easy to tell who is who). Then I added 2 Jersey Woolies from Miss Pickler's litter as she didn't seem to feel very good after giving birth. Originally I kept them separate but they were so fiesty that I included them with the 3 English babies. Although they are half the size, they sure do hold their own as far as getting their share. They are such little comics. As soon as I put mom in the cage, they dive right under knocking the bigger bunnies out of the way. It just goes to show you that being blue and little doesn't always mean you are the weak one.




No comments: