Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Getting Organized

Don't forget to take the bunnies.
Everything in a plastic sleeve.

Show catalog, directions and entry form.
With a new show season starting, I have vowed to be more organized this year. Usually, I keep show catalogs, entry forms and directions in three different locations. That means the night before the show or the morning of, I am running around like a crazy person looking for the directions and who I needed to pack in the car. I would keep my directions on an index card because we all tend to go to the same shows every year. Never fail, the index card would be lost along with my hand written notes about mileage, exits, hotels, time it takes to drive, good restaurants and quicker back roads. I would usually find them somewhere under the seat when I cleaned out the car, which was not helpful at all.
This year, I took a bunny binder that I had out grown and filled it with plastic sleeves. In each sleeve, I put in the show catalog, map quest directions with any hand written notes and a copy of my entry form. The entry form has any notes I needed like who had to be registered, who was for sale and the person interested in them and any supplies that I needed to pick up at the show. After the show, I would list the placements of the rabbits if there were no comment cards given. Who purchased which bunny and any waiting list people were also added. When I am ready to leave for a show, I would remove the plastic sleeve and put it in my show bag and put that into the car the night before the show. After the show, I would take the plastic sleeve and put it to the front of the binder. When the show report comes, I would put it with the rest of that particular show information and move that sleeve to the back of the binder. This helps me to see what show reports may be missing and the contact person to call. By the end of show season, the sleeve for the first show of the season will have moved to the front of the binder.
Being able to just take this sleeve out of the binder , put it in the car and then put it back in the binder after the show has been so much help to me, I thought I might share this idea with everyone.


All nice and tidy, ready for the next show.



No comments: