Sunday, September 26, 2010

Delmarva Show

Two pretty angoras and two very hot and tired exhibitors
GC LW Contessa sitting pretty.

Judge Dennis Holcomb did the choosing.
What a hot, hot day at Delmarva! They promised cooler temps but it just didn't happen. The angoras seem to handle it fine but the exhibitors not so well. There was one point where I was standing at the front of the writers table. I was trying to write for the judge and bring my bunnies up at the same time, when I thought I would go down for the count. I got some water and things seemed better. The poor Judges really seemed to feel the brunt of it as sweat poured over the bunnies being judged. The angoras had a great day! Donna McGraw won 2nd Reserve in Show A with a beautiful Lilac English Angora Doe. I believe that Tia won a Reserve in Show Youth with a REW English Angora Buck. I won a Best in Show B with GC LW Contessa. This was such a surprise as I have won BIS B at this show for the last 2 years. With 3 years in a row, this must be my show! They give beautiful directors chairs as a prize. Everyone was teasing me that I needed just one more chair and a table and I can host a nice dinner party.
My Jersey Woolies did really well also. GC Shepherds Divine won BOB in show A and BL Froggie won BOS. In Show B, BL Epic won BOS and BL Drizzle won BOB in the JW Specialty show. So the wins were spread out over all three shows. It was a very hot and happy day!


No comments: