Thursday, April 28, 2011

Who says.........

Litter of 6 woolies, 4 black and two white!

GC Amber Pearl's white litter.



Angora litter of pearls, lilac tort and blue tort.


Litter of 7 Jersey Woolies! There is another one under baby on left.




Who says Jersey Woolies only have one baby, they are all peanuts, the first litter never lives? Whoever said it are wrong, wrong, wrong! With the cold winter we had, not any litters were born. Rabbits are smart. They know it is too cold to raise babies. Now that it is warm, they say it's now ok. Just had a wooly litter of six last week, Mom is doing great and it is her first litter. The babies are very active. I usually bring the nest boxes in the house overnight as I worry about the babies. This Mom was doing so well that I left them in with her. The next morning two were missing. A white baby and a black baby. I crawled around on the floor looking for them and found the black all huddled up on a two by four. The white baby was no where to be found. I looked and looked and looked. Came back out about an hour later to look again and this little white baby was sitting in the middle of the isle like "Here I am, what's the matter with you, do you see me now?".


Next, a first time wooly Mom has 7 babies! Just crazy! I did split up that litter with a wooly Mom that just had two. She had 3 smoke pearl or blue, 2 broken blue and 2 broken black, all of equal size. Next, I have a english angora litter of 12, it was almost like two litters. She is down to just 5 babies now but they look to be pearls, blue tort and lilac tort so far. GC Amber Pearl had a very managable litter of 3 white babies with GC BIS/RIS Seismic. This is a most exciting litter for me. I haven't had REW babies in a very long time. GC BIS Contessa and GC BIS Wyatt's babies are coming along very nicely. More photos soon. No Easter photo's as Liam was teething and finally got his first tooth, so we spent most of Easter distracting him from his pain. Hoppy Easter everyone, sorry I missed my usually Easter blog post.

No comments: