Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blue-eyed white and other colors

Ha ha, blue eyed white!

Lilac Pearl Buck, Shepherd's Luster, mad about getting groomed
!



His sister lilac pearl, Shepherd's Iridescence.




Another shot of Iridescence.

Everyone knows I have a thing for odd colors of angoras rabbits. My favorite angora color of all time is lilac pearl. I had a lilac pearl a few years back named Shepherd's Thistle. She produced many grand champions and mostly sable pearls and torts as I was breeding her to darker colors. One of her grand children, a blue tort Shepherd's Bouquet,was bred to a REW buck with lilac tort and dilutes in his background. I finally got some lilac pearls. They were raised by the Jersey Wooly mom show in previous blog posts. She did a real good job. They have such a delicate coloring but have are a bit of a cranky temperment. They are related to Shepherds's Sweetpea, who was famous for growling at the judges. Even when she was up for Best in Show, she managed to get a growl in. They were always surprised as angoras are know for their sweet temperment and would back away from her. I will have to work with these guys to get them to calm down a little. Their first show will be this Saturday. I hope the behave.

Thought I would tease a few people with my blue eyed white angora Webkin that I got for Easter. LOL, it is a different color.






1 comment:

Spinners End Farm said...

What Beautiful bunnies!

Since you are a lover of recessive/odd colors maybe you can solve a mystery for me...

http://spinnersendfarm.blogspot.com/2010/09/mulling-it-over.html

Can you take a look at this buck and see if you can figure out what the heck color he is? He was recently bred to a tort and I'm really interested to see what they come up with! I'm wondering if he is ch or chl.