Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reserve in Show

 Shepherd's Ring My Bell, Reserve in Show, Rochester, NY
Bell looking pretty against pink 
Judge Joe Coulucci (sp?)with a very tired me and Ring My Bell 
New babies in the nest, 2 pearls and a blue tort 
New Babies in the nest, 2 lilac torts and 3 pearls.

What an exciting weekend! At the last minute I went up to the Rochester, NY show, mainly to pick up more broken english angoras from Brenda. I entered some Jersey Woolies and some English Angoras in the show since I was there anyway. There are some very well know breeders in that area, so I really didn't expect to do very well. To my surprise, Shepherd's Ring My Bell, rew self Jersey Wooly Doe, won BOG and then even more surprising, she went on to win BOB. This was a very long show as the weather was nice and many people and bunnies were in attendance. Someone said 2,000 rabbits? I was not even going to bother with BIS as we had a very long drive home. Since we were still there at the end with the angora specialty show, I asked Lauren to take her up. It must have been the lucky rug that Tia won BIS youth with her English Angora, rubbing off on her and Lauren winning Reserve in Show youth with her Fuzzy Lop. Judge Joe Coulucci picked Ring My Bell as Reserve in Show. Wow, was I surprised! One of my goals this year was to place better with my Jersey's and that sure was a great start. They gave out beautiful embroidered blankets as prizes and Bell really likes hers. All the prizes went to wool breeds, as Charlotte won BIS with her beautiful French Angora.
While I was at the show, my husband was watching the fort, and I had two beautiful litters of English Angoras born. Lots of pearls, blue tort and lilac torts in the nest box and they are all doing very well.
We had fun all around and I didn't get home until 2am, haven't done that since college.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations on your great weekend :)