Wednesday, February 8, 2012

PASRBA/ Part 2

 UARBC Breed winners from the Saturday Specialty Show.
GC Shepherd's Ring My Bell, BOB JW Open Saturday. 
GC Shepherd's Princess Poppy, 4 times BOB winner 
Alex Stepnoski after grooming angoras all day.

It is hard enough showing one breed at a large show but it is even more difficult showing more then one. My trick in the past was to put the exact same rabbits in each show. It makes it much easier to remember who goes where. Eight shows over 2 days with 2 breeds gets very expensive so I cut back on some shows this year. It made for a very confusing show with getting the right rabbit up to the right table at the right time. So I made a chart as to who was going where and under what judge. I used this technique in Maine at the triple show with 2 breeds. It worked out fine until they changed the judges in one case. Some scrambling went on and running as I was watching out for a different judge to be finished his breed.

I am glad mine are all wool breeds as everyone was located in the wool room, but for people with short and long wool breeds it made for alot of running, phone calls and help from each other. Only one mistake was made on my part with the wrong sister in the open show on Saturday. Oh well, not so bad considering, and I didn't miss one class, which was more of a worry. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone and we had a fun pizza party with all the roomies, Donna, Carolyn, Annie and Anita on Friday night. It was also fun to watch Alex in full grooming frenzy, getting all her bunnies ready for sale. We will miss her and hope she comes back to showing angoras soon.

No comments: