Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Surprise! A Rainbow

 Rainbow of Babies.
BISS GC BL Drizzle, the Mom. 
The Dad, Riff-Raff with 8 GC legs

Talk about a box of chocolates and you never really know what you are going to get! Jersey Woolies sure can give you a surprise.  Drizzle had a litter of seven for me last time and what a variety of colors she had. Two siamese sables, a sable marten, a broken black otter, two broken siamese sables and a broken sable marten. I repeated the breeding as I loved the body type but the broken I liked had no face markings. Trying again and this time she has four, a beautiful black, a siamese sable and a sable marten plus a very nice broken.  Hard to tell what color yet as the siamese sable and sable marten are born looking blue, which gets me all excited, and then turn dark brown. The broken looks very much like them. Then she gave a special present just for me, a black that looks solid and she had no black the last time around. If they are only half as nice as the two parents, I will be very happy. Congrats to Maddie with Drizzle's broken siamese doe who won BOSG at the York, Pa. show this past weekend! It is so nice to see her babies doing so well.

2 comments:

Annette said...

so what colour is your favourite?

Do you just look at type or when you get a certain colour do you start hoping it's exactly what you are looking for?

Dru Shepherd said...

I am a sucker for color. Blue, Black, Rew and Broken of those colors are my favorite. But I do try to breed for really good type.