Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bucks Counry Show

Well this is going to be a boring post because I somehow lost my camera. Between taking pictures of Sweetpea sitting on a chair and packing up my car, I somehow misplaced it. This is sad as all my old and new bunny photos are on it. I have been tearing everything apart trying to find it. This might be the start of something heredity. My mother recently lost her reading glasses for about 3 weeks. She searched high and low and could not find them. I got a phone call from her recently letting me know she found them in the vegetable bin of her fridge. This is a scary proposition.
Anyway, I lived to tell the tale of 5 separate shows at Bucks County with 2 different breeds and 4 different judges. Shepherds Lydia, most uncontrolable of all rabbits, in a 14 month old coat and needing just one leg to reach Grand Championship finally got there. Yea! She would not stay in her coop and romped up and down every table that she was placed on like she was a Belgian Hare, leaping over other rabbits much to the surprise of the judges and competitors. Bad bunny, bad, bad, bunny. Shepherds Aslin, who is also uncontrolable in a stressed out, freaked out kind of way, gave up by the second show and let the judge do what she would with him, thank goodness.
But Shepherds Sweetpea was not sweet but was covered with pee. Be careful what you name your rabbits. You might just get what you name them. She proceeded to growl at the specialty show judge who was not happy about that and placed her second. Both Aslin and Sweetpea did grand so that is a relief. Tulamores Caprice won 1st in all 3 junior doe classes and I think she ended up with 2 legs at least.
Jersey woolies did pretty well with CR Blue Skies taking 1st in both shows and little Shepherds Flores taking second out of 8 in show A and 1st in show B for her first junior leg and going on to win BOSG. Shepherds Hydrangea took 3rd in A and 2nd in B out of 8 junior does. CR White Excitement also spent the morning covering his beautiful white coat in pee so he placed 2nd in the senior buck for both shows. I know there were some other placements but I can't remember them now. (Another heredity thing?)
Anyway, it was a really well run show considering how many specialties there were plus the regular shows. I really enjoyed seeing so many old friends, Whitney (new e-mail address please?), Pat, Adele, Lynn Miller and many more. Congrats to Whitney for her winning Belgian Hare! Not that I had too much time to talk and thanks to the jersey woolie breeders that helped to touch up a tatoo and put my bunnies on the table while I was over at the angora specialty. Oh yea, congrats to Alex Stepnoski for winning BIS and Best Reserve in the specialty show with her beautiful English Angora (BIS) and Giant Angora(BR). That is a first for her with 2 different breeds!

No comments: