Sunday, September 20, 2009

Mullica Hill Show

BOB and BOS Jersey Woolie.
Somebunny loves you!

What Aslin thinks of the whole day of showing.


Never get any photos of myself showing.
The Mullica Hill show was alot of fun and very hectic. We all spent alot of time running from one building to another trying to figure out where our breeds where showing and in which order. Since loosing my camera, Donna McGraw graciously offered to be the blog's official photographer. She has a beautiful camera and takes stunningly beautiful photos of bunnies. I never get any photos of me at shows and rarely get any photos of the show happening or of the bunnies. I really enjoyed looking at all that went on in photos during the crazy day. I don't know what I am thinking showing two breeds at a double show but I guess it is worth it as the bunnies did really well. The woolies took BOB and BOS in show "A"and BOB in show "B". This is still a shock to me considering there are so many experienced woolie breeders showing. I never really believe it is happening. CR Ice Maiden now has 8 GC legs, getting very close to "The King of All" with 9 GC legs to his name. I just love the photo that Donna took of Ice Maiden and White Excitement together.
The English Angoras are more what I am used to and can usually have a better idea of how they will do. Alex won BOB in show "A" with her beautiful tort doe and Donna won BOS with her handsome black buck. Alex also won BIS youth with her beautiful Giant Angora. I expected to do well with the whites as they looked pretty nice. Thinking that the same result would happen in show "B", I was surprised to see that my whites took BOB and BOS. You never really know what a judge is going to end up picking. We had a very nice judge from Missori that I had never showed under before and apparently she likes white bunnies.
Donna helped me at the BIS table by taking up the woolie doe while I wrangled the uncooperative Aslin, who was surprisingly mellow. Considering he comes from a long line of show winning rabbits, showing is not his thing. He is only truly happy just flopped in his cage. He even grips the grooming table with his claws like he will spin off into outer space if his grip is released just the tiniest bit. For a bunny so disliking shows, he has had a pretty good show career with 5 GC legs so far. But see how Donna caught his true personality in the photo above with his tongue sticking out.



No comments: