Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bye-Bye Nelly

We adopted Nelly from a shelter in 1994. I had gone there to look for a cat but saw this adorable mixture of dog with a blob of pooh on her head. I was smitten. She was supposed to be part sheep dog and part shepherd but alway seem to have some afghan hound in her along with it. They didn't want to adopt her out because she had been abused and was an ankle biter but we wouldn't give up. She was the best dog ever and never caused a bit of trouble. She loved the big yard and guarded the kids and household pets alike. I had photos of her on my computer and on my stolen camera but don't have them anymore. I do have photos of her all around the house so she will not be forgot. She died in my arms yesterday morning. She will be missed by everyone that knew and loved her. Bye-Bye sweet Nelly. We love you.

3 comments:

Keep said...

I'm sorry to hear about Nelly. *hug*

Donna M said...

Oh Dru, I'm so sorry about Nelly. Such a cool dog and so lucky to have found you and your family. She received lots of love with you. -- Donna and Family

Jan said...

So sorry for your loss, Dru.