Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Background



Someone recently said to me "I could tell these were your angoras just by looking at them". I took this as a very nice compliment. We started back in 1990 with one black angora doe and we have had her lines in many of our rabbits through to the present day. Pictures above are some of her past off-spring. This doesn't mean that we have keep that line alone. We have strived to improve it by adding into it some of the best lines in the country. I never wanted to loose that line as it has the "look" that I am striving for but have improved on it by adding more density, length and long lasting coats. The body and silky coat was there to begin with as well as the sweet, velvet face and loving temperment that made us fall for the English Angora breed. When I look at pictures of some of my daughter past BIS winners, I can't believe that change that has happened to the breed over the last 20 years. No wonder people stop to stare.

No comments: